We Do It Differently
We have spent more than 25 years developing ways to improve the delivery of legal services for families. As a result, we are leaders in the field and offer these innovative solutions:
- Our mediation program allows you to get separated in as little as three weeks and divorced shortly thereafter
- We provide “legal coaching” for those who would like to represent themselves
- And, our most popular innovation in 25 years: we provide pay-as-you-go services to manage your legal budget. No retainer required! We provide flat fee services and pay-as-you-go legal coaching. We do it differently.
Our Services In Family Law
Teryl Scott’s team of family and divorce lawyers in HRM strive to improve services. We saw how escalating conflict in the divorce process was emotionally and financially costly for all parties involved. In response, we worked to develop our mediation program and our pay-as-you-go legal coaching services.
Our award-winning family lawyers are here to help you navigate through the intricacies of family and divorce law.
We now have the shortest timelines in the industry, helping you reach your resolutions sooner, and with the best possible outcome.
We will work with your schedule, typically holding meetings via video conference or telephone, or in-person if you prefer. Our family and divorce lawyers in Halifax provide the following services (prices listed are plus HST and disbursements where applicable):
- Uncontested Divorces ($1800 *when a separation agreement is already in place)
- Mediation (see page)
- Cohabitation agreements ($1800)
- Prenuptial agreements ($1800)
- Parenting plans ($1800)
- Separation agreements ($2500)
- Uncontested adoptions ($3500)
- Legal coaching (self-representation) ($450 per hour)
- Full representational legal work ($450 per hour)
- Letter writing and strategic support for negotiations (legal coaching rate)
- Phase 1: Preparation of contested court application ($2500)
- Phase 2, option A: Senior counsel attendance at non-binding settlement conference ($3500)
- Phase 2, option B: Senior counsel attendance at binding settlement conference ($7000)
- Phase 3: Drafting of final order ($450 per hour)
- Dispute over child custody, property and debt division, or spousal support (alimony) (legal coaching or full representation rates)
- Preparation of affidavit ($1800)
Our Halifax divorce lawyers, who are serving all of Nova Scotia, are here to listen to your legal issues and resolve them fairly, efficiently and cost-effectively. No retainer required. Book an appointment with our family lawyer now.
Lisa is a dedicated professional who cares about her clients needs and her friendly assistant Shannon keeps everyone on the same page. Because of the exceptional service and reasonable fee’s, I can only say to recommend her firm for anyone needing family law experts period!
Respectful, thorough and professional...answered all questions at length and provided a comfortable, 'safe' environment to do so!
Wonderful service from a very caring lawyer!